Client Experience Coordinator
1-Year Contract (35 Hours per Week)
The Lake of Bays Marine Museum & Navigation Society (“Society”) is a not-for-profit charitable organization with a mandate to further the knowledge of navigation on the lake, operate the Marine Museum, and restore and operate the SS Bigwin. Visit http://ssbigwin.com/ for more information.
– Daily operational responsibilities for customer service, marketing, event planning and coordination related to the SS Bigwin, the Marine Museum and related enterprises as part of the Society.
– Work in a team environment collaborating with the Society’s management, the Board of Directors, other part time Associate(s), Captain(s), Deck Hand(s) and Volunteer(s) both on the SS Bigwin and in the Marine Museum.
– Duties and responsibilities require flexibility in ensuring that operational tasks are carried out in a collaborative fashion: such as planning, event coordination, website and social media updates, boat maintenance and sailing, scheduling & bookings for cruises (public, private, and events), service standards and other related work for the efficient and effective operation of the SS Bigwin and Marine Museum.
– Reporting to the Society’s Board of Board of Directors, the Client Experience Coordinator will work seasonally out of the Marine Museum in Dorset, Ontario, and must be capable of performing some independent work from home.
– Eligible candidates include youth (under the age of 30) who have graduated with a degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution within the last three years.
– Flexibility of hours required based on demand of cruise bookings. Must be available for daytime, evening and weekend shift work and must be committed to ensuring all public and private cruises and events are adequately staffed.
– Deck Hand certification and/or willingness to do training is essential.
– Must have a valid Class G Driver’s License and access to their own vehicle.
– Must have access to reliable internet to work from home as needed.
This is a one-year full-time contract position starting April 1, 2017, to March 30, 2018. The annual salary range is $33,000 – $36,000 dependent on experience.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter to:
Lake of Bays Marine Museum & Navigation Society – Board of Directors
Attention: Collin Reaney, Board Member
PO Box 158, Dorset, ON, P0A 1E0
Please use the email subject line: Job Application – SS Bigwin Coordinator
Closing date: Monday, March 27, 2017, at 5:00 p.m.